Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Introduction

So, while reading in a textbook for a class, they mentioned how blogs can be used to get students to think about mathematics and express their views and opinions. I decided that I could really benefit from keeping a blog about my education in the field of Education, as well as what I do while I teach. It can be a resource to others (if anyone ever finds this...), and I can also use this in the future to keep track of what works, what doesn't, and what I've learned along the way.

I'm currently getting my Masters degree in Education from Virginia Tech. I graduated in May 2009 with a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics. I plan on teaching high school math when I finish my Masters in May. Right now, I'm enjoying classes and my last year before I venture out in to the "real world."

I hope this blog will help me to reflect on things I've read, things I've discussed in class, and other things I experience during my education. I plan to continue this on in to my teaching, and if all goes well, I may keep a blog for my students to keep up with! We will see how often I update this, but I can see this being a valuable tool for me on a daily basis, as well as on down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment